- About Jo Mondy
- How to find your own personal teaching style
- What makes a good teacher?
- How do people learn?
- 3 top tips to build your confidence
- How to break down and teach ANY hoop trick
- How to demo a hoop trick to your class
- Clockwise vs anticlockwise hoopers
- Left/right confusion and using other reference points in the room
- Counting your students in
- Setting expectations and building confidence
- Teaching the foundations of hula hooping
- Download - LiveLoveHoop 6 Week Beginner Course Plan
- Introducing yourself to the class
- Warm up
- Getting the hoop started
- Waist hooping and troubleshooting
- Waist hooping variations
- Hand hooping
- Weave and jump through
- Waist to lasso transition
- Lasso to waist transition
- Isolations - 2 and 1 handed
- Neck hooping
- Behind the back pass
- Throws (rainbow and 1 handed)
- Why should you create sequences for your students? Plus an example of beginner choreography
- Using flow cards with your students
- How to introduce yourself and set (fun) boundaries
- How to teach different age groups
- How to deal with disruption
- 27 Kids Hoop Games
- What is hoop fitness and how is it different from hoop dance?
- Hoop fitness moves to include in your classes
- Teaching adults and children with different abilities
- How to be anti-racist and inclusive in your hoop business (and in life!)
- Introduction to business planning
- Business Planning Workbook - Download and either print or fill in electronically.
- What is your vision?
- What is your purpose?
- Who is your ideal customer?
- Who is your competition? And can competition be a good thing?
- What is your unique selling proposition aka USP (hint, it’s you!)
- Creating your mission statement
- Discovering your business name
- Keeping records, tax, insurance, risk assessments and safety, music licence and working with children checks.
- Setting SMART goals to achieve your vision
- Venue size
- Should you set up solo or work for someone else?
- Brainstorm - Where else can you teach hula hooping?
- What should you charge for your work?
- Should you work for free or “exposure”?
- How will you collect payments?
- Pros and cons of drop-in classes vs block bookings/courses
- Making and selling hoops
- Music players and microphones
- 3 important things you need before you start promoting yourself
- 5 ways to reach your ideal customer
- How to build an online presence
- What are the benefits of teaching online and how do you do it?
- What if no one shows up? What if everyone show up?
- 5 ways to keep your students coming back to your classes
- How to develop your support network
- Complete this short feedback form and you’ve finished the course!